Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hear Hear!

And you ain't a Shark conservationist, either!

Wow.

I just stumbled upon this post by Patric.
Links are mine.
Real change will involve critical thinking.
It will involve taking risks. It will involve dedication beyond online petitions. It will also involve ignoring flashy and ultimately useless efforts that gain media attention and little else - that was the "decade of awareness." 

By now we are all aware that sharks need help.
That help must come in the form of measurable, serious, and dedicated efforts. Anyone can claim victory for sharks but unless there is measurable change, the effort is next to useless.
In the conservation game "the ends do not justify the means."
Yes that was more than three years ago!
Maybe some people may want to start paying attention.


1 comment:

Horizon Charters Guadalupe Cage Diving said...

I hate being a wise sage, it's a curse I tells ya, what with the visions,speaking in tongues, the levitation.

Oh, and don't forget "water to wine thing," sure it makes me friends and I get plenty of Facebook "Likes" but is life really about all that?

Sigh, I just wish I could be a normal boy like all the rest.

And you wonder why I don't go to dive shows?